By McGraw-Hill Education
Notice the pliability to coach technology your way
The Water Planet, as part of the Glencoe technological know-how 15-Book sequence, offers scholars with actual and entire insurance of Earth’s water assets, from lakes and streams to floor water and oceanography. The powerful content material insurance integrates quite a lot of hands-on studies, critical-thinking possibilities, and real-world purposes. The modular strategy helps you to mix 'n match books to fulfill your curricula.
Read or Download Glencoe Science: The Water Planet, Student Edition PDF
Similar oceanography books
Advent to inverse and country estimation difficulties for graduate scholars and researchers in oceanography, weather technological know-how, and geophysical fluid dynamics.
Organic oceanography matters the biology and ecology of oceanic, marine, coastal and estuarine organisms. those variety from viruses and micro organism to microbes and phytoplankton, from zooplankton and benthic invertebrates to shellfish, fish and marine mammals. The organisms stay in a dynamic fluid simply defined as a chemical soup that covers seventy one percentage of the earth's floor and is in detail coupled to the ambience, the seafloor and the land.
Marine environments help the livelihoods, economies, and caliber of lifestyles for groups around the globe. yet development of coastal populations and extending calls for on marine assets are placing the way forward for ocean and coastal assets in danger via affects reminiscent of overfishing, wetland drainage, weather switch, and pollutants of coastal waters.
Marine Sciences info the explorers and scientists who extend the frontiers of marine technological know-how frequently discovering issues they don't count on. This accomplished source contains the research of the geology of the ocean flooring, the chemical and actual homes of the water, and the existence that teems in and round it.
- Radar Imaging of the Ocean Waves
- Underwater to Get Out of the Rain: A Love Affair with the Sea
- Clean Coastal Waters: Understanding and Reducing the Effects of Nutrient Pollution
- Geology and Geomorphology of Holocene Coastal Barriers of Brazil (Lecture Notes in Earth Sciences)
- Darwin, Geodynamics and Extreme Waves
Additional info for Glencoe Science: The Water Planet, Student Edition
22. Poster Use photographs from old magazines to create a poster illustrating a variety of different uses for water in society. Combine your poster with those of your classmates. 23. Letter Write a letter to the local water company asking for suggestions about how to conserve water in the home. With your family’s help, decide whether you will use some of these suggestions in your home. 24. Communicate Use a word processor to produce a brochure that encourages people to conserve water in their homes.
5. Remove the lids and check the jars for algal growth each day for five days. Replace the lids after each observation. Record your observations in your Science Journal. Conclude and Apply 1. Describe any changes, such as color or clarity, that you notice in each solution. 2. Based on your observations, which solution or solutions were best for algal growth? 3. What observations can you make about the solution containing distilled water? 4. Relate your observations to the nutrient makeup and the algae present in lakes.
Hoover Dam blocks the flow of the Colorado River to form Lake Mead. This lake in Equador formed when the top of a volcano collapsed and filled with rainwater. Lake Mead Hoover Dam SECTION 2 Lakes and Reservoirs H ◆ 45 (l)Victor Englebert/Photo Researchers, (r)Lowell Georgia/Science Source/Photo Researchers 537-S2-MSS05_LBH 8/23/04 3:20 PM Page 46 Life in Lakes Figure 12 The depth to which sunlight penetrates into lake water helps determine the types of organisms found in various lake zones. Do you remember the last time you went to a lake?